Thursday 27 August 2015

What the? Wednesday

I lost another hat! That's two since I've been here, and it's raining.

You gain a respectful relationship with rain at the Fringe. Camden Comedy has benefited in the past but not today. The rain started around 10.45am which herded a crowd into 'The Full Irish' which is the show before Camden. Rammoed!
Acts and flyerers tend to magically get ill or dissolved or something when it rains.
Chris asks me to fill a ten spot in a show for Irish comedians, 'sure says I, diddley diddley, top of the morning.' My Irishness, as I explained to the audience, is based on having been to Ireland once! And tried Guinness once. Actually I'm rather fond of Guiness and have been to Dublin twice so I'm practically full blood. My ten spot went very well :-) Not a hint of nerves and I even threw in some new material that I wrote that morning!

Camden was the quietest we've ever had! Twelve! Rain plus no Flyerers! Headlining was PBH himself AKA Peter Buckley Hill who at 77 did an energetic musical set mic free and was great.
At least I can now say I've had the man who set up the Free Fringe play at my gig in my first year at the Fringe. I so wanted to impress with a full house and a tight show but he missed my fluffy warm-up and the PBH backdrop had gone missing the night before :-(

Fliss arrived! So nice to see her after one of our longest periods apart for just under thirty years. People often don't count the seven years we lived together before we were married.

Mambalsa show was very pleasant with just five in but a lovely four friends.

A slow walk along Nicolson St. charity shopping to get another hat. Found  a nice tweed one for four pounds.
On the way to the flat, Fliss spots the office of the charity that Helen is CEO of. I've walked past it twenty times and have been collecting foreign coins at the shows for Rowan Alba but had never spotted it. The Charity houses homeless people who have extra problems. http://www.rowanalba.org/

A delicious spaghetti carbonara, home cooked from scratch by Helen, with Daffy's gin and tonics plus a bottle of a nice red and a copious blether. We crash into bed while Helen goes out to see a play about death.


No comments:

Post a Comment