Friday 14 August 2015

Day Six- Thursday


Thursday deriving from 'Thor's Day' god of Thunder!
And it's raining now so it's blog time :-)
Over tubed into town on a beautiful morning, the best day in Edinburgh for months by all acounts.
PopUp Srtuting was slow so I went to flyer the Virgin bucket shop which was quite effective. On the way back someone caught my I and I slipped into the shtick of "If you catch my eye you have to have a flyer' This ends with me dancing Mambalsa to a lovely lady who had just arrived on the train. SHe picked it up instantly and we danced in the sun under the Scot Memorial.

Comedy show a bit quiet 25 in. I put this down to the fantastic weather.
I was about to go into my 'I'm a dance teacher blah blah' and asked if there were any dancers in. A man said he was into East Coast Swing and said isn't that now called Virgin East Coast Swing? Good laugh.

Mambalsa show 11in New flyerers doing a grand job! Three Cerocers, two French salseros, John from one of the shows. Good show with great people.

4.30pm another Mambalsa Strut with Charlie and some of the team from Rent (show) the pics and video say it all.

Evening.
Went salsering with Helen my lovely landlady who had been on the 1-Day Intensive Salsa Course as had Charlie. A Cuban band was on led by Nino of Salsa Celtica fame. Good to see him again. Brian was there from Cafe Baile as was my favorite salseros who came on the first strut, Charlie and the afternoon stut crew and some professional contact of Helen's who I mambalsa'ed. The club was text book salsa with all the good and bad that brings. Eye whipping long hair flailing around. Move that only fit in a TARDIS. Bar staff clearing unfinished drinks and A serly door lady who in true money laundering style said 'no receipt' But good dancing and great band and great company. Oh and beer!
It was Thor's day so I had to get hammered. Rolled in at 4am after stopping off at Helen's favorite local Carters bar.
Good morning Edinburgh and thank you for raining!!




























No comments:

Post a Comment