Friday 21 August 2015

Wednesday and Thursday 11 & 12

First my apologies that the day numbering system has failed. The fact is I'm sooo tired that I'm not sure what day it is! I mat a man today who was at a gig I guested at last week or the week before and I had no recollection of him. My apologies sir, whoever you are.

Ok Wednesday.
Stopped off a Piera's coffee shop on Bank street. She ran the salsa classes in the Dome that I guested at. Nice Italian coffee.  There may be the chance of doing a Mambalsa showcase on a boat party on the Firth of Forth next Tuesday. Good start to the day!
Chatted to Grace and Wilma  who's mother was a dancer in the Tilla girls and father was one of the iconic comedy group the Crazy Gang.

Camden Comedy was a little quieter due to warmth and sunshine 35 in but as the Irish say wow! What a crack!










Mambalsa had a massive two in, but what a lovely two they were. No such thing as a small audience!

Totally wiped so went back to digs.




Thursday
Early start and a jog up Arthurs Seat with a flag.
At first I thought I would just do a selfie, but then I realised this trip is all about reaching out. I asked for help and ended up teaching Mambalsa at the summit.













Myrtin and Jenny AKA Tango lady (sorry if names are wrong)
Camden Comedy very quiet 25in :-(
Sunshine and no flyerers! various excuses but now I know how important they are and will fix for the following days.
Flyered Dara O'Brain :-) That sentence is about as brief as my conversation with him.
Got a Tango lady to dance Mambalsa in a dingy ally
Had a nice chat with PBH as in the man Peter Buckly Hill at the venue and he's going to perform at Camden Comedy.
Mambalsa Show had seven. All but two were there for some other reason but they got something out of it so that how it goes.
Rona and Jill in the Pilgrim

Lovely family meal with Helen, her son Sean and his flat mates and Megan.



No comments:

Post a Comment