Monday 31 August 2015

Sunday - and finally folks!

I cannot express how weird it feels getting up on the last day of the Fringe feeling like I've only just arrived. My familiar routine is about to be shattered, dismantled and packed away for another time.
On Stage at the full Irish
Wake up, out of bed, shit, shower and shave to use the army vernacular. Coffee, brekky and blog to use mine.

No Strut!

Gig1) The Full Irish. The show for Irish comedians so once again "I'm Paddy O'Sadler feckerty feck feck feck. Top 'o the mornin' to's  ya"
The Staff at Whistlebinkies were fab!
"Give me a cheer if you've been to Ireland?" "What's it like?" I think they saw though the thin veneer of my character. I tell the story of two mythical Irish giants, Diddly Dee and Diddly Di and how they inspired Irish dancing.

Gig 2) Camden Comedy
Nearly full with Jack Brooks, Susie Steed, Colin (couldn't remember his name) Chadwick and David Tsonos. A really good show and a fine way to end Camden Comedy at the Fringe.

Gig 3) No one showed at first for Weeners the show after us so rather than leaving an audience hanging, I just went in and just riffed. It seems like a million years ago that I got stage fright.

After the PBH clear up at Cowgate Head and a few goodbyes it was a pleasant afternoon with Fliss. We Mambalsa'd in the Royal Mile to a busker, bought the obligatory Fringe T shirt.
We returned later for the party but very few in at first and so we went to the Beehive for a beer where I was accused of nodding off when I was just resting my eyes!
Finally we returned to the party to say a few more goodbyes.

This isn't the last post of my Fringe blog as we're still in Edinburgh. I would also like to do a special post on the highs and lows of the Fringe and a summary of stats and conclusions.

Dalry we have lift off







No comments:

Post a Comment