Sunday 23 August 2015

Saturday Sucess

Good morning Edinburgh :-)
After a relatively early night, having fallen asleep mid sentence while blatherin' to Helen - my wonderful hostess and landlady, who's cooking delights and whose' wit amazes and who now reads this blog!
I overtubed it down to the Royal Mile for a pop-up strut. I met Jon who's an actor with a show here and probably not up for a mano y mano with hundreds walking by. I say to the first lady walking by 'would you like to dance?' 'Yes' she replies, and the popup strut is on. Actor and Clinical psychologist from Norwich in perfect harmony with me to complete the drama triangle. (that's one for all you psychologists out there)




Camden Comedy.
Three flyerers, well briefed and perfectly positioned on a Saturday in a perfect precision pincer movement providing a rolling barrage of flyers.
The show is rammed! 'Sorry, come back tomorrow' all you late arrivers 'but come early'
Record bucket to offset some of the losses and on to Mambalsa.

15 in the house:-) -
Including Simon from Camden/Edinburgh who did the pop up in an earlier blog.
Also in was Nigel Day my old school friend, band mate (as mentioned in the show) and best man.
There was a lot of background noise towards the end of the show but a relaxed and fairly slick performance.

A beer/coffee/ blather with Nigel, which ended up going to seeing a couple of shows at George Next Door on George IV bridge. The first was cancelled due to zoro in, and the second was a great fun show, totally mad, but only had five in, including us. I guess Mambalsa isn't doing too badly after all!
Then back to refresh before catching a couple of late night shows.

As I left the flat the heavens opened, so I had to go back for dry clothes and a mac. Once in town I realised that Edinburgh isn't quite as prepared for heavy rain as one might think, but nor was I with swede shoes. Puddles, overflowing drains and many cases of 'brolly eye' (where someone's brolly catches your eye)
The first show was Steve's Tight Six Comedy at Cao Roma. Cancelled due to flooding! I felt so sorry for Steve McLean who's held that show together in spite of major difficulties. Cancelling a busy Saturday night is totally gutting. Knowing Steve he'll bounce back today as if nothings happened because he's a professional.
Then I hooked up with Gary Shaw and Lucy and we went off to George next door.
One room was like a sauna. I could feel tomorrow's sore throat coming on now! The bar was a dismal tatty NHS waiting room of of a place but that didn't stop them charging £4.50 for a can of warm beer.
A moment of being homesick for London.
Walked back to Princes Street getting re-soaked then a steamy bus home.
Saturday night on the town. Brilliant day!

Got up today (Sunday) to find my web site is down. Streetbeat and Mambalsa. NameHog my internet service provider is proving less than competent this year. This is the third time my site has got down due to no fault of my own. They are the least communicative company on the planet and since Christmas have withdrawn telephone support so a one minute phone conversation takes a week of support tickets!
DONT SAY IT!
Yes I have found a much better ISP, set up the account but I didn't finish transferring the files and domain names over. I can't fix anything from up here so it was better the devil you know, right?
WRONG!
Only a totally pants set up would upgrade their system with no warning or notice in August when most of their clients are on holiday, without checking if the sites they've hosted are still working!
There are some words over used in comedy that offend.
Please think of them now as you think of Name Hog which is owned by daily.co.uk
I raised a support ticket at 7.45am marked critical. It is now 8.50am and no reply.
Their web site clearly states:
'Our Support Team is available for ticket support 7:00am to 9:30 pm, 7 days a week including bank holidays.' maybe they should add the line 'except when you actually need support'
I hate using the C word but they are a right bunch of Charlies!
Breath......









No comments:

Post a Comment