Sunday 16 August 2015

Satuday day 8


It was great to meet Simon and Jenny for a dance in the street.

Camden Comedy was RAMMMMMED! The room holds 50 we had 60+
I'm really enjoying the audience riffing (chatting) and I'm now starting early to get more time.
Barry Ferns opened which fluffed everyone up even more. Mark Tomilinson and Daniel Offen looked like a Proclaimers tribute act. Two acts no showed so I stuck my head out in the street and saw David Sonos a superb pro from Canada who has supported Camden Comedy throughout. I was ok with dragging out some more material and riffing away but David smashed it. Right headliner right time.
Full bucket and many compliments. 'Wow what a ride'

Mambalsa show had about ten audience, including Helen my land lady who's CEO of Rowan Alba, a charity that tackles homelessness in Scotland. The bucket, meager as it, was went to the charity :-)

It was Saturday and week two of the Fringe so I went to see a couple of shows. Nymphomania, a one woman biographical show by Alex Dallas. Fantastic performance and touching story.


Then Shawn Buswells show.  It was his show last year that inspired mine. It's in the 'Quest' style of comedy like Dave Gorman and Tony Hawks. I'm calling it Quest comedy until we find a better name and Shawn suggests we ask the audience, which I shall do. btw I bumped into Michael Burdett who does a show about Nick Drake another quest comedy show.



Here's a jolly bunch of Proclaimer flash mobbers reminding me that we're in Scotland!
face book video
Here's me eating the national dish, chips! And a pick of Cowgate pub on Cowgate!




Best dance joke ad lib.
East Coast Swing? Isn't that now called Virgin East Coast Swing?
The Arizona Two Step is like the Texas Two Step but more jumpy due to the scorpions!



No comments:

Post a Comment