Monday 17 August 2015

Sunday Fringe Day 9

So what's special about Sunday?
In the world of Fringe nothing! It's just Fringe day nine.
I was late for the Strut and half harted so I slunk off to a coffee shop where I chatted to a couple of ladies from London about the Fringe.
Camden Comedy was rammoed. Turned away a group of ten.
Starting early to do extra chatting before the start is a great start!
Struan opened well, Robin Morgan smashed it! Joseph 'Mr Spooky' was spooky and David Mullholland headlined which was nice because he hosted my first gig with Kate Smurthwaite several years ago.  I got complimented for my material and riffing (chatting) although the Bob Marley stuff was poorly positioned in the show and not as good as the Edinburgh rant material.

Mambalsa Show went well with 10 in including the ladies from the coffee shop :-)
note to self (thank's Eddie)
IT'S ABOUT HAVING CONVERSATIONS NOT DISHING FLYERS!
I got through 3500 flyer for the Mambalsa show and am going to run short.
Effectiveness virtually zero unless there's been a conversation about the show/project.
More chat less dish!
Interestingly with only Lulu and I flyering mainly pushing Camden in the morning, therefore no real flyering. My Mambalsa audience has been around ten each day with a half coming from the brochures and the others coming from personal contacts or local salsa scene.

Amazing roast lamb with Helen and friends who's a suburb cook and host.
here's Monday......

No comments:

Post a Comment