Wednesday 26 August 2015

Typical Tuesday

Woke up in far less discomfort than yesterday :-)
The pain seems to have become a hip twinge and is only painful when I bend.
My only other mal de Fringe is a slight sore throat be could be the start of the dreaded Fringe Flu or is probably just me hawking "Camden Comedy Free Lunchtime Showcase Start 12.15"
The best way to test this is to go a hawking! Maybe i'll end up sounding like a seagulls?
I'm running seriously low on flyers for Camden. We're go through 5000 since the start!
The backup plan is to glue posters (that I didn't think I'd use) to correx board and just point and shout.

Camden went well, partly because the very very nice sound man had put my spare phone, which I'd left there the day before, behind the bar with a label on it saying it was mine. Yes I owe him beer!
Numbers were a typical for early in the week i.e. 30.
I love the way everyone avoids the front rows so the first few rows are empty. I just step forward a do the gig from the ayle. "Hello front row"
I did my high energy intro in spite of my back and it was fine.

In between shows I did five minutes of telling a true story called Spark. It was an interesting exercise in speaking from the heart. I would have loved to stayed longer.


Mambalsa show. An amazing twelve in the audience! None from flyering but from the brochures, the Camden Comedy show or just happened to be passing by! "I know, that room above the car park with 'Kill' graffitied on the wall looks interesting, lets see if there's a show about dancing inside"
At the end I got everyone up and dancing which was lots of fun.
In the show I reference Fabian Velez and my wife Felicity doing a boleros concert. Here's a still from the show. It's a shame Fliss is hidden just behind him.


Feeling good so went to see James Ross's show. Really good! The cleverest show I've seen and a fantastically ranty delivery.

Went back to the flat to blob when I receive a text from Toby Hershman (band leader and serial Fringe addict) asking if I was up for a beer? Certain-a-mundo!
Back into town an hour before the show he was watching finished, so I jumped into a free one man show by James Loveridge excellent! People think the free Fringe is some how lower quality than the paid shows. I'm sure some are but I've seen some cracking top quality shows.

Really nice to chat with Toby at the Blind Poet where I did my second ever gig! I was tempted to get up a sing a song in the musical open mic but that might not be fair to the audience :-)
Helen and me, Freedom!

Good 'ol blether into the wee hours with Helen.
OMG I'm going native! Next I'll be painting my face blue and shouting 'Freedom' :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment