Monday 10 August 2015

Edinburgh Fringe Day 2

Day two and blogging first thing in the morning feels like all the times I didn't get my homework done, so it got rushed over breakfast.
Breakfast by the way is muesli with added Highlights chocolate, hot water and soy milk. ummmmm. oh and seriously strong black coffee.

No expectation of any Mambalsa strutters so it was meet the public day :-)
... and I did. I was running late so in half an hour I got two couples to dance. Not exactly the opening sequence to Fame (the TV series... google it) but I don't want to peak to soon.

Camden Comedy had an audience of 40! That's about ten short of rammed! Lovin itttttttt :-)
Sadly Mambalsa Quest nil punters :-( except the lovely Shaun Buswell came to watch the show and we had a beer. Shaun's show last year was the inspiration for mine. We were trying to give a label this style of show. My top two suggestions are Quest Comedy or Project Comedy. What do you think?
At the moment we have to describe it as "It's like ....you know Dave Gorman? and errrr Tony Hawks?, well they get a project and then tell everyone about it in a show...."
It would be so much easier to say "It's a Quest Comedy show about why English Men are rubbish at dancing and what I'm doing about it!"

Shaun Buswell's show Random Orchestra Challenges 





My show Mambalsa- One Man's Quest to Create a new partner dance.


No comments:

Post a Comment