Monday 24 August 2015

Staggering Sunday


Bad things happen in threes according to my mum. If you don;t believe that you've either lost count or a shed load of proverbial is about to hit your fan!

1) Hopefully you've read about this morning's 'issues' with namehog.net / daily.co.uk
Three hours after the original response I got an email saying a script on my site was maxing out the servers cpu, that's the black box at the heart of the server that make the magic happen (sorry for technobabble)
I replied in the theme of (not the actual words)....
I'm four hundred miles away from my office and haven't touched the site since 5th Aug so either there's a cock up in your blame game or I've been hacked.
Assuming the latter (based on the proppersion that they are as perfect and error free and they think)
perhaps you could identify which script so I can remove it and not the whole site?
Oh and by the way, would it be possible to email me that you've put my business on hold, rather than let me discover it by chance?
These are difficult questions that require at least three hours to answers. And then some more time to get the answer over to me. Still waiting at 10pm! Whoever said digital was instant, clearly didn't have namehog and their ISP support.

2) Flyer team did a crackin' job and Camden Comedy was full. Lets hear it for
Posing with Mgana La Fey
Ally the tall erudite beady singer guy.
Gabrial the American who's soooo American we can barely talk to each other in English.
Dougy the quiet but effective one who out flyers me ten to one.The groups equivalent of a scruffy spaniel owned by a big issue seller.
Love you guys :-)
Without blowing my own trumpet I was on form as MC and lovin it.
Sadly two of the acts had BS'ed me onto the bill. Weak and feeble.
The result was that after a record bucket yesterday today's bucket just paid for the flyerers.
Ouch!

3) Mambalsa show was fun with seven in. Zuk-eros from Finchley. Ceilidh-eros from Edinburgh. Nondance-eros from somewhere.
A good show that was a fusion of stand up, documentary and fun.
About two minutes after the show I felt a twinge. My back went into spasm. Five minutes before I could walk around the bar, then a long painful walk home.
Severl hours of stretching, cold compresses and Helen's magic massager I feel like a wounded human.
So looking forward to waking up stiff tomorrow morning.

SO what have I learned today:
Take action and complete it: I should have changed ISPs months ago!
Attention to detail: Vet the acts, insist on youtube clips.
re Back: Put the sodding back rub in me back pack and don't leave it at the flat!!!!!

Last word from Namehog.net

Not Found

The requested URL /Admin/sales_report.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Thanks Namehog!


No comments:

Post a Comment