Tuesday 18 August 2015

Monday Fringe Day Ten

Monday, a quiet and reflective day deriving from moon day, as in night, as in stay in bed!
I got up with the speed of a galloping sloth. A beautiful day with fluffy white crowds over Edinburgh.
I cancelled the flash strut in favor of going to St Andrews fair and having an executive management meeting to review an access the my Fringe so far.

Bad points:
The Flash strut is not working out as the intro sequence of the TV series Fame suggest it would!
To be honest anything in the real world thing based on the opening sequence of a TV series, and a 1970's series at that, doesn't deserve to work.
The main problem is people or lack of them. Yes there are hundreds of people in the royal mile but at 10am not enough of them
want to join in. Also on the days where I've had more than two couples, there have been a massively improved response compared to single or couples based struts.
My plan is to move it to 5pm so I gain an extra hour's admin time. I also gain passing trade for the dance.
Camden Comedy had 35 which is not bad for a Monday!
Mambalsa show had twelve, including the lovely Piera who teaches salsa in Edinburgh and I talked into allowing me to do a tight ten showcase at her class.
The show went well if a little more chatty than I;m currently with but hay ho.
Dinner was half a bagget and a large spoon of red pesto. ummmmm!
The show case went well to a room of 18. Got the mambalsering i no time.
Digs for a coin count, glass of red and a chat with Helen :-)
Fliss tells me the boilers broken at home and that I'm missed:-)
Two idears:
One is to get locals to offer accommodation at discount prices to Fringe visitors who also pay a voluntary contribution to Helen's charity 'Rowan Alba'.
The other is to gather fellow Quest Comedy practitioners, and ride the PR show case wave of publicity. Quest Comedy: Uplifting real life projects told by the people that do amazing things.
I'll think I'll Tweet Tony Hawks and see if he'll share my e-fler and maybe come? What's the worst .....

No comments:

Post a Comment